This is me... well... this WAS me. About one month and {let's be honest} 8 lbs. ago...
Then this happened. Hunting Season...
Oh, and my husband starting working 614,837 hrs. every week.
Oh, and my husband starting working 614,837 hrs. every week.
We had the late nights of this
followed by homemade popcorn that can only be eaten
with delicious chocolate to balance the salt.
followed by homemade popcorn that can only be eaten
with delicious chocolate to balance the salt.
But then I remembered this
and how I LOVED the feeling.
and how I LOVED the feeling.
So I found this!
And this!
And we joined forces.
My dog wanted in on the action too.
I needed to replenish my energy to keep up with this guy.
Who recently made some {blue} discoveries of his own.
I plugged away at my Master's and
I read about this... {and secretly called B.S.}
I read about this... {and secretly called B.S.}
Then read more of these and had more of this.
Then wrote 18 pgs. of research focused on high protein diets
their success rate of short and long-term weight loss in adult women.
No joke.
Then wrote 18 pgs. of research focused on high protein diets
their success rate of short and long-term weight loss in adult women.
No joke.
Secretly, I wanted to do was this.
But instead I did these.
Because I want to look like this.
Then I had more of this.
Instead of this.
Okay, I know you want the REAL story instead of some childish, picture-book version of what I have been up to these past few weeks. Aside from my never-ending roller coaster of staying "on track" and "falling off the wagon", I discovered a beautiful thing. Protein. Well... I didn't really discover it. I have always supplemented with protein because who wants to eat "old man ball skin" {a.k.a. over-cooked egg whites} all the time. Not this girl. I will save the ball skin for contest prep and back rooms of massage parlors.
I have always stuck to the plain ol' vanilla and chocolate protein powders for their versatility. I can bake with them, mix them into any type of smoothie I want, and they are pretty universal. That's what I like. Things that fit easy into my ever-hectic, self-inflicted, chaotic lifestyle with me, my minivan, my three crazies, and my mountain man. Easy. That is what I need right now.
That is exactly what I got. I was approached by Force Factor {a great supplement company, by the way!}to try some of their products and give my opinion about them. Really?!? Me?!? The girl who talks about pooping as easily as most talk about the weather? You want MY opinion?? My honest opinion?? You got it!
I knew going into this I would NOT compromise my honesty. I would be real. That's what I tote. I am real - as real as real can be. About everything. Maybe too many things. So I was excitedly surprised when I received a {not so little} package in the mail.
I read through all the info. I was delivered a 3 lb. container of protein, a container of pills and a shirt. Awesome. I like new workout shirts. Especially since my lil' pooch ain't so lil' these days {see picture above... and add about 3 months of pregnancy to that and you will have an accurate picture of how I look right now. Oh, and I most certainly am NOT PREGNANT.}
I opened the protein and was surprised to see the serving size required 2 scoops. Now, I have seen protein before that requires two scoops and many times, the scooper is the size of my coffee mug. "Shit. That's ridiculous!" I thought. I was pleasantly surprised to see when I opened the container that the scoop is roughly 1/2 the size of my normal protein. OK. These guys know what they're doing! Then came the taste test. I ordered chocolate because I am an addict. Honest. I have been downing Tilamook Mudslide Ice Cream like a crack-addict about to be busted. It is horrible. I am horrible.
Little did I know that when I ordered my container o'heaven that it was actually Chocolate Brownie Batter protein! Holy *&^%! This is AH-MAZING! I took a couple days of just having normal shakes to make sure I liked it. I mixed with almond milk or cold coffee for my afternoon "mocha". So far, so good. I was impressed by how creamy it mixed together. My other stuff typically leaves lots of little, tiny chunks but I am used to it so it doesn't bother me. NOT THIS STUFF! It was so creamy and chocolaty and delicious. I kinda felt like I was cheating! Then I did cheat. Repeatedly. Crack addict.
Little did I know that when I ordered my container o'heaven that it was actually Chocolate Brownie Batter protein! Holy *&^%! This is AH-MAZING! I took a couple days of just having normal shakes to make sure I liked it. I mixed with almond milk or cold coffee for my afternoon "mocha". So far, so good. I was impressed by how creamy it mixed together. My other stuff typically leaves lots of little, tiny chunks but I am used to it so it doesn't bother me. NOT THIS STUFF! It was so creamy and chocolaty and delicious. I kinda felt like I was cheating! Then I did cheat. Repeatedly. Crack addict.
It was time to get back on track. I read {about a bazillion times doing research} that a higher protein diet is highly beneficial when trying to lose weight {remember... I look pregnant but am not} because it keeps the body satisfied and full longer. Duly noted. Eat more protein... less ice cream. Got it!
So to help me get through my "binge" time (typically 2:00-5:00 in the afternoon), I mixed the protein in with Greek yogurt. Usually this results in a gloppy concoction {that is a scientifically-based term used to describe the globuous, inconsistent texture of a protein powder/yogurt mixture} that is creamy, yet coarse and dry all in the same bite. Then I remembered the brownie batter. I was giddy to find a deliciously, smooth texture that was even better than the real brownie batter. I say "even better" knowing that though it tasted similar but didn't have the real chocolaty "badness" I wanted, the fact that it was infinitely more healthy than the real deal made it truly "better". SCORE! Force Factor, you have passed my tests! I am sold.
Next up... chocolate protein muffins. This is like the Master's Thesis of protein powder challenges. I'll let you know how it holds up.
If you want to try it for yourself, check out their website and don't forget to like them on Facebook.
Who knows... maybe you will see my face and non-pregnant looking body as a featured athlete... maybe...
So to help me get through my "binge" time (typically 2:00-5:00 in the afternoon), I mixed the protein in with Greek yogurt. Usually this results in a gloppy concoction {that is a scientifically-based term used to describe the globuous, inconsistent texture of a protein powder/yogurt mixture} that is creamy, yet coarse and dry all in the same bite. Then I remembered the brownie batter. I was giddy to find a deliciously, smooth texture that was even better than the real brownie batter. I say "even better" knowing that though it tasted similar but didn't have the real chocolaty "badness" I wanted, the fact that it was infinitely more healthy than the real deal made it truly "better". SCORE! Force Factor, you have passed my tests! I am sold.
Next up... chocolate protein muffins. This is like the Master's Thesis of protein powder challenges. I'll let you know how it holds up.
If you want to try it for yourself, check out their website and don't forget to like them on Facebook.
Who knows... maybe you will see my face and non-pregnant looking body as a featured athlete... maybe...
















Lisa, the best part about reading this post was that I. myself, was enjoying a yummy chocolate protein and yogurt bowl. I just want you to know that I really do enjoy reading your posts. Every time I open my email and there is one from your blog I get so excited, because I get to read about someone's else crazy life. I really helps to know that there are other women out there doing amazing things and are doing it while living a very full and active life. Thanks so much for putting yourself out there. Keep it up, people are reading!!! Julieann
ReplyDeleteI am definitely checking out this website! I have never thought of putting protein powder in yogurt, it looks so yummy!! Let me know if you do any more classes, I was so sad to miss your last class because I can use all the help I can get, haha!!
ReplyDelete