This guy is seriously the most incredible man on the entire planet. I don't know how else to describe him. He has taught me so much over the past 13 years that I can't even begin to compose. Because of him, I know:
- how to pay bills on time
- how to balance a check book
- how to cook venison
- how to jump a car
- how to plant a tree
- how to make elk sausage
- how to cook chuckar
- how to {not} cook wild duck
- how to smoke salmon
- how to smoke hookah
- how to smoke a cigar
- how to make a stiff drink
- how to make an ass of myself after drinking a stiff drink
- how to make fun of myself
- how to make the best chocolate chip cookies you ever tasted
- how {not} to make the worst chocolate chip cookies you ever tasted
- how to have patience
- how to stand my ground
- how to clean up after myself
- how to do my own laundry
- how to buy a house
- how to build a house
- how to negotiate to buy a car
- how to talk to strangers
- how to know which strangers to avoid talking to
- how to talk
- how to be real
- how to be honest
- how to be authentic
- how to prioritize
- how to love
- how to live
- how to create life
- how to dream
- how to make a plan for your dreams
- how to not give up on your dreams
- how to work for your dreams
- how to sleep well at night
- what to do if you can't sleep at night
- what to do if you're sick
- what to do if your children are sick
- what to do if your spouse is sick
- what to do if your spouse is mad
- what to do if your spouse is hurt
- what to do if you are wrong
- how to say sorry
- how to be sorry
- how to forgive
- how to be vulnerable
- how to be humble
- how to be proud
- how to be me
- how to be happy
- how to be
But really. Who wouldn't be excited to be married to this guy??
I sure am! I get to go to bed and wake up next to this every day.
In all honesty, though, he is absolutely incredible. I am so proud of him because as I have been on this journey to transform myself, he has been nothing but supportive, encouraging, motivating... oh wait... the sugar overload is coming again...
While he has been behind the scenes of my transformation, he has also been in the midst of his own. Back in March, he met with his fire department physician for his annual physical. Phil has always been in relatively good shape. He has worked out the entire 13 years I have known him and always been strong. But in those 13 years, I have seen his weight fluctuate between 200 lbs. to 240 lbs. After talking with the doc and discussing some of his issues (constant fatigue, sore joints, etc.), the doctor recommended he actually lose some weight.
I KNOW! I was in shock!! This guy who I always saw "fit as a fiddle" was supposed to lose weight? 20lbs. even?!?! From where?!?!
Phil doesn't take any of these things lightly and he is a big advocate of health and fitness. So he took it as a challenge. Well, game on! Shortly after starting this weight loss challenge, he also discovered a real "challenge" on Bodybuilding.com for police, fire and EMS workers. It was a 12 week challenge for a body make-over.
He is not the type of guy to ever enter one of these. In fact, the thought of drawing attention to himself was so out the ordinary I was a bit in shock. But the guy has some cajones. He took it as a challenge not just as a man, but also a professional. He should be in the best shape of his life to to his job to the best of his abilities. I say again, game on! Here is what he was able to accomplish in 12 short (with a few incredibly loooong, carb-cycling) weeks.
| Not a bad place to start |
| Um....... |
| Yeah.... |
Way to go Phil! Thanks for sharing Lisa. I think it's great when wives rave about supportive, wonderful, encouraging husbands. I think I'll show and tell this blog post to Steve AFTER the birth of Baby Boy. I don't want him to get a jump start on his fitness until after I'm done being pregnant. I'll need all the encouraging and support I can get ;)...and it'll be great to be able to do it together. Phil looks great...and yes, you are one lucky wife. Isn't it so great?
ReplyDeleteYeah... I'd hit that!
ReplyDeleteI think you deserve some sort of award for being brave enough to post a pic of HOT Phil in his skivvies!! You guys should enter some fit couples contest or something! By the way....where is your post where you get to brag about winning the contest!?
ReplyDelete